Monday 2 September 2013

More revelations about Mayumi's past and Disrupting Class. Neo-Ace Chapter 16 posted at Wattpad.

It's been a busy week and the last long weekend of summer was pretty nice in Alberta.  I managed to complete a bunch of chapters last week.  Chapter 16 is now up on Wattpad.  In this chapter, Mayumi learns more about her past from her uncle Hiro who has hidden secrets from her for whole life.  What is Mayumi?  How will she react?

Have a read for free on Wattpad and let me know if you like it!  You can hit the Wattpad link here.  If you like it please follow me on Wattpad, Facebook or Twitter.  Also check out my books on Amazon at my publications page here.

3D Wire Head In Front of the Bow in Calgary

School starts tomorrow for the kids and I stopped to wonder what education would be like in 20 years.  Will they go to school or does everyone virtual conference in?  Are there physical schools?  What will teaching and learning be like?  How will social skills be developed?  What would be the big influences of technology be?  How will kids be graded or evaluated.

I have ideas about how this will shape up myself as I work in the education arena, but I'm not a teacher.  I kind of suspect that teachers will be more facilitators and mentors than the regular teacher myself because the education system hasn't really changed since the industrial revolution.  It it also an area where the introduction of expensive technology brings marginal gains.  For a few percentage points of improvement or less, the cost of education goes up every year and it is because of increasing salaries and misuse of tech.  This means that it is ripe for disruptive innovation and change once the dam breaks on government regulation and parental conservatism. The introduction of tech in most areas of business mean increased productivity and cost reductions, something that hasn't happened yet. I'm vague on this area in my story as predicting the future is for fortune tellers.  I just know AIs will be a big disruptor as having a personal tutor must work wonders.

Have a look for yourself here with this book "Disrupting Class" for more info if you are interested. Clayton Christensen is an MIT professor.  There are also presentations on Ted Talks.  Look up disrupting education or disruptive innovation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.