Saturday 21 September 2013

The Kaiju Rising Kickstarter and I've Posted Chapter 19 of Neo Ace

Chapter 19 of Neo-Ace is now up at Wattpad
The plot thickens so to speak.  The story is now set to race ahead towards the conclusion of the first book.  I'm going to be writing Chapter 27 or 28 today depending on which plot thread I want to follow up on.
Have a read for free on Wattpad and let me know if you like it!  You can hit the Wattpad link here.  If you like it please follow me on Wattpad, Facebook or Twitter.  Also check out my books on Amazon at my publications page here.


I'm also looking at some cover art related materials at Shutterstock for Neo Ace and also at images related to Japan to supplement the ones I personally took for another ebook project.  There's a sale on at Shutterstock so I may as well take a look this weekend.

I originally wanted to try and get a more professional cover done, but it didn't work out with the artist I originally contacted.  Next time I talk to someone, it'll be like a housing contractor where the estimate is up front as it is a waste of time otherwise.  I may still use some freelance services from Elance or Crowdspring, but time will tell.  A cover over there can range from $200 to $500+ depending on who and what you want.  Have to sell a lot of books to make up for an investment like that.  I've sold several hundred, but it doesn't translate into many dollars at 99 cents minus the Amazon commission.

Kaiju Rising Kickstarter
I'm pretty excited to see this anthology of giant monster stories get funded.  They hit their base goal in 12 day and are now going for their stretch goals.  You wouldn't see anything like this normally so if you like big robots, you might also like big monsters, so pay them a visit!  I've backed them and I'll be waiting for my ebook in the email!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1089607742/kaiju-rising-age-of-monsters-anthology

They have 240+ backers, but that still isn't a huge number, so I might definitely be writing in the wrong genre if I'm looking for higher volume sales like in romance, mystery, or even mainstream sci fi.  I'll finish my books as they are something I wanted to do, and then there will be other projects that will be just as fun to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.