Saturday 6 October 2012

Exocrisis Blue Next Steps

Hi Everyone,

I took a small breather now that I have published Raid on Kahamba.  I'm now busy doing detailed plotting of the core Exocrisis Blue story.  The plan is to finish writing it over the next 12 to 16 months, but hopefully closer to the 12 month mark.  So I'm aiming for one novella sized installment every 4 months for a total of 3 linked novellas.
German Hangar (keep clear!)  - Mamboman1 / Flickr

The other day while walking home from the train station I figured that I will probably write another short prequel story while writing the first part of Exocrisis Blue. This story would be titled CAJUN and be about the formation of the Canada Japan Union.  It would take place in Japan shortly after the end of of the Alien War and I would also get to write a short bit about the attack on the Newt mothership!  With a few introductory and connection pages I would eventually bundle the three existing stories HARM, CAJUN, RAID into Exocrisis Blue: Origin.

Anyhow, I digress.  For Exocrisis Blue, I had a plot outline and a world building document complete ages ago, but I wanted to write the prequels first to test out the concepts.  Writing HARM and RAID definitely helped to gel some key ideas for me and I even changed some things to make it better, so prototyping works even for writing.

I also might take a couple of horror / horror action stories and try to polish them up, but we'll see.  So much to do... but it'll all get done.

Adios for now and have a happy fall.  Enjoy the leaves!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.