Saturday 12 December 2015

Starbucks In Different Countries

I enjoy having a grande bold in a venti cup in the morning before I start work.  I guess I've been going to Starbucks pretty much since they arrived in Canada years ago and I'd say they've done pretty good to bolster their food offerings along with their coffee.  Some people say the coffee tastes burnt, and I'd agree (I avoid the Sumatra myself) in some cases, but I do like my coffee strong, so to each, their own.  When I decided to write again, I typed my first short story in 10 years sitting in a Starbucks couch.



Starbucks Japan
I'd have to say my favourite Starbucks are the ones in Japan.  Starbucks does know how to pick some premium locations for their shops.  The first Starbucks I went to in Japan was the one at the super busy Shibuya Crossing.  Their shop is in the Q-Front building there looking across the intersection to Shibuya Station.  I ordered my latte and had it by the time I paid and cleared the counter.  It was memorable as it was ultra efficient (it felt like I paid and they handed me a latte).  You then could go upstairs sit at the window (if you could find a seat) and view the crossing with the thousands of people.  They have some nice locations in Ueno Park and my favourite one is one the roof of the Tokyu Plaza in Harajuku with its rooftop garden/deck.  The food they have in Tokyo is a cut above North America as I think the coffee shops and bakeries are way more competitive with quality offerings.
Caramel Frappucino
They have different sandwiches and quiche in Tokyo.
Quiche and cakes!  They even have a tasty sakura cake in the spring.
Waffles and pastries.

Starbucks For Sale
 This is the equipment and furnishings for a Starbucks up for sale when the Target stores closed in Canada.  I think the bids started at 30 K and the food oven was like 5K or something (it was expensive).


Starbucks Canada
Where I get my regular fix.  Nothing like a hot coffee on a cold morning (not that is is always winter in Canada).  Prices keep going up, like everything else these days, but I'm a coffee and not a latte drinker most of the time, so the hit is only half as bad.
Snowy day
They have added a nice variety of baked goods with their new bakery line.  The croissant breakfast sandwiches are pretty darn good, and a good go to for a quick bite.
My breakfast one morning.
Theses savory spinach pastries were okay, but not my favourite. 
Their little bento style snack boxes are a good idea.  They aren't cheap, but are good in a pinch and pretty healthy.  The boiled egg one is probably my favourite of the bunch.
Pastries.

Starbucks Paris
Starbucks is everywhere.  This is their take on the sidewalk cafes of Paris and having a coffee there isn't nearly as affordable as back here in North America.  Still, it is great to get a consistent product and service.  I haven't been to enough of these to compare anything though.
I like the sidewalk seating.
All kinds of baked goodies along with the regular drinks.  Some different sandwiches and more.
Baked goods.


That's all for now.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.